How many tasks have completed successfully?

hi there,

i have a workflow with ~100s of tasks (sometimes ~1000s) which each do the same thing for a different diagnostic for a different climate simulation.

the left hand side bar in the web ui shows jobs which are failed, submit-failed, submitted and running.

in c7 i think there was information about the number of tasks which had completed successfully too (i think in cylc gscan). is this info available in the c8 ui?

cheers,

As far as I can see the tooltip here emphasizes tasks where one might want to intervene because the task failed or submit-failed.

If you have an up-to-date copy of the UI then the analysis view will give you a count of tasks finished. - Access this by creating a new view from the “Add view” button at the top right of the GUI.

1 Like

I guess we could change it to prioritise showing succeeded rather than submitted tasks in the sidebar

1 Like

Kinda, but not really.

Both Cylc 7 and Cylc 8 have “state totals”. These give the number of tasks in each state that are currently being tracked by the scheduler. I.E. These numbers tell you how many succeeded tasks are visible in the GUI/Tui. Neither of these values tell you how many succeeded tasks there are in the workflow, the only way to find that information is to go to Cylc Review.

1 Like

thanks tim,

this is what the analysis view looks like for me (ui version 2.3.0), i can only see a list of completed tasks, not a total number.

is this what you mean? thanks!

thanks ronnie,

i guess either is good depending on the application and wishes of the user?

j

thanks oliver,

i’ve never used cylc review before. from the docs it looks like this is a cylc 7 feature which is still available at c8 and presumably will get removed at some point?

cheers

j

Is cylc review not deployed at NIWA?

It is a Cylc 7 feature, however, it won’t be retired until we’ve developed corresponding functionality into the GUI.

It is deployed, and well used, at NIWA. I guess @jonnyhtw somehow missed the memo! I’ll tee up a chat with him.

1 Like

I guess @jonnyhtw somehow missed the memo!

yup! looking forward to learning about this, sounds cool.

cheers,

jonny