Set-outputs on an xtrigger

Hi,

Is it possible to do an equivalent of set-outputs on an xtrigger? I have tried and it didn’t seem to do anything but I wanted to ake sure there wasn’t some other command. I know I could trigger the task and have the same final result of it running (but there could be many tasks triggering from one xtrigger in theory).

$ cylc set-outputs access_g4_pp_f //20230405T1800Z/UPSTREAM_STARTED_gl_glu_um_fcst_short
## in the scheduler/log
2023-08-14T02:10:49Z WARNING - No matching tasks found: 20230405T1800Z/UPSTREAM_STARTED_gl_glu_um_fcst_short                                                                 
2023-08-14T02:10:49Z INFO - Command actioned: force_spawn_children(['20230405T1800Z/UPSTREAM_STARTED_gl_glu_um_fcst_short'], outputs=['succeeded'], flow_num=None)

Hi @TomC

Not yet, but we do want that.

I’ll check the recorded issues… Allow xtriggers to be reset · Issue #3221 · cylc/cylc-flow · GitHub (I’ll move the milestone forward on this, subject to agreement within the team).

Manually triggering the task as you suggest, despite the unsatisfied xtrigger, is the workaround for now.

Hilary

Don’t bring it forward because of this question unless you really want to. It’s pretty low on my personal list of needs, I just thought I should ask in case there was something that existed. It wasn’t possible in Cylc7, so I don’t think any system we run has multiple tasks triggering from one xtrigger.

1 Like