ERROR: Incompatible value for <class 'cylc.cycling.iso8601.ISO8601Point'>

Hey there

A colleague of mine is getting the error at the end of this message when doing a rose suite-run --restart. She wants to extend her 20 year run to 50 years and 20 years have already completed successfully.

We think this may be due to some folders in the work directory under ~/cylc-run.

Would that cause the error?

Many thanks

Jonny

[FAIL] 2019-07-17T04:33:53Z ERROR - Incompatible value for <class ‘cylc.cycling.iso8601.ISO8601Point’>: 1: Invalid ISO 8601 date representation: 1
[FAIL] Traceback (most recent call last):
[FAIL] File “/scale_wlg_persistent/filesets/opt_nesi/share/cylc/7.8.1/lib/cylc/scheduler.py”, line 259, in start
[FAIL] self.configure()
[FAIL] File “/scale_wlg_persistent/filesets/opt_nesi/share/cylc/7.8.1/lib/cylc/scheduler.py”, line 390, in configure
[FAIL] self.load_suiterc()
[FAIL] File “/scale_wlg_persistent/filesets/opt_nesi/share/cylc/7.8.1/lib/cylc/scheduler.py”, line 1077, in load_suiterc
[FAIL] self.suite_srv_files_mgr.FILE_BASE_SUITE_RC + ‘.processed’),
[FAIL] File “/scale_wlg_persistent/filesets/opt_nesi/share/cylc/7.8.1/lib/cylc/config.py”, line 356, in init
[FAIL] self.initial_point = get_point(icp).standardise()
[FAIL] File “/scale_wlg_persistent/filesets/opt_nesi/share/cylc/7.8.1/lib/cylc/cycling/iso8601.py”, line 124, in standardise
[FAIL] raise PointParsingError(type(self), self.value, message)
[FAIL] PointParsingError: Incompatible value for <class ‘cylc.cycling.iso8601.ISO8601Point’>: 1: Invalid ISO 8601 date representation: 1
[FAIL] 2019-07-17T04:33:53Z ERROR - error caught: cleaning up before exit
[FAIL] 2019-07-17T04:33:53Z INFO - Suite shutting down - ERROR: Incompatible value for <class ‘cylc.cycling.iso8601.ISO8601Point’>: 1: Invalid ISO 8601 date representation: 1
[FAIL] ERROR: command terminated by signal 1: ssh -oBatchMode=yes -oConnectTimeout=10 -n w-cylc01.maui.niwa.co.nz env CYLC_VERSION=7.8.1 bash --login -c ‘’"’"‘exec “0" "@”’"’"’’ cylc restart u-bh095 --host=localhost

Hi Jonny,

Extracting the salient bit of the error message:

Invalid ISO 8601 date representation: 1

That is saying the integer “1” is not a valid ISO 8601 date time value - which it certainly isn’t. So the question is, where is that coming from.

One way to get this exact error is to put initial cycle point = 1 (as for an integer-cycling suite) in the suite.rc of a date-time cycling suite. Could that be the source of the problem?

Hilary

(In fact I can see elsewhere in your error transcript that the error does originate from processing the “initial cycle point” of the suite).

Thanks Hilary

That was our thinking also but wanted some more experienced eyes on it first since I’d never seen the error before.

I’ll update this ticket if we can’t get round it by removing the offending folder(s).

Cheers

Jonny