I seem to keep hitting this problem, and sometimes it’s been user error, but I’m pretty sure not always!
(This is a cylc 8 suite that I’ve been writing from scratch, as per my earlier posts…)
- I update my task definition by adding an environment variable
- I reinstall/validate/reload (which I now have a script to do so I don’t forget to validate)
- I trigger the failing task I’m trying to fix
- The new job script does not show the changes
- I run cylc config to check the parsed config has the changes and it does.
- I repeat steps 1-5, with the same result. Several times. With various minor suite changes like adding in dummy variables, to have something to do.
I stopped and restarted the suite, and the changes were picked up. (At least this time…)
I used to think this only happened after I’d been reloading the suite repeatedly, but in this case I had just restarted the suite, and it didn’t pick up the new change from the start. Certainly I seem to hit this issue on most of the occasions I find a bit of time to play with cylc8.
Any idea why reload is ineffectual at times?
I realise this is probably hard to reproduce. It’s not even a consistent problem, since it works for me sometimes. I’m not sure what other diagnostics I can look at to help you understand what is happening. I am using cylc 8.0.1